Location: Senior Center, Fort Bragg
Attendees: Joyce Blok, Chris Clutton, Larry Costa,
Meg Courtney, Neil Davis, Ray Duff, Marianne Gersing, Ron Lear, Annie
LeBus, Cynthia LeDoux-Bloom, Ed Parrott, Craig Pedersen (JDSF), Lari
Shea, Peter Braudrick (JAG), Forest Tilley (JAG), Vince Taylor (JAG).
Priorities listed by the group
- New JDSF Map online and printed (Immediate
- Vegetation control on trails
- Signage for Trails, in stages
- Identify trailhead facilities
- Defining trail categories, trailheads, etc.,
- Identify staging areas
- Identify maintenance problems
- Inform campers/day users of recreation users group
- Identify site for shooting
- Identify OHV issues
- Investigate road access and gates
The group decided that the first group action to
undertake was to develop and inventory of commonly used existing trails
and routes within Jackson Forest. The first step to take is to collect
information from users on trails and routes and to put them onto a map.
Volunteers for this task are: Cynthia LeDoux-Bloom, Lari Shea, Chris
Clutton, and Marrianne Gersing. Vince agreed to look into getting one of
the new maps of the Jackson to use for this task.
The trail map group and set up a schedule for
completing the map, before the end of August. [This schedule was met!]
There was discussion about when and where the next
meeting should be. It was decided to have the next meeting at the JDSF
Learning Center near Camp 20. This is a central location that will,
hopefully, encourage people from Willits and the Ukiah Valley to attend.
The meeting will be from 3-5:00 pm on Friday, September 19.